Job Type: Full Time Job Code: EHC/1105/18
Job Location: Kisumu Reporting to: MD
Our client is a Leading FMCG manufacturing company in Western Kenya and based in Kisumu, seeks to recruit highly motivated personnel to fill the position of the Chief Accountant. The ideal candidate should be a seasoned finance professional with hands-on experience in the Manufacturing, FMCG, Retail sectors
Financial Controller’s Job Responsibilities
- Accounting Services
- Supervise the team of accountants responsible for general accounting (maintaining general ledger of accounts), accounts receivable, accounts payable, asset accounting, financial reporting, all clerical/administrative/transactional activities required for day to day accounting services for the business.
- Coordinate the preparation of all accounting statements, summary of receivables, payables, credit/debt, revenue from the Accounting system as required by the Finance Manager
- Ensure strict compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Kenyan equivalent for proper separation of duties.
- Accounting Systems Entry and Reporting
- Ensure all accounting information is properly recorded in the Financial and Accounting Systems that support the business including Enterprise Resourcing Planning (ERP), Payroll systems, Procurement systems as they may link to materials managements and any other systems requiring Financial or accounting input/oversight.
- Supervise all manual data entry from various processes, documents and departments.
- Ensure all digital input of information from other reporting systems and databases is incorporated into the Accounts system
- Ensure accuracy of all information in the system
- Generate Production, sales, cost and other Management Reports; compile reports and present to Manager Finance, with recommendations for responding to various trends
- Integrate accounting reports with other operational reports and support the overall tracking and reporting of internal information.
- Ensure other teams with the accounting department (tax, treasury, payroll) and within business unit (sales, operations, maintenance) are provided with accurate and timely information required for their respective actions and responsibilities
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- Support Manager Finance, and Internal Controls and Compliance Officer with internal documentation as required for internal audits and for any 3rd party audits (Kenya Revenue Authority, Shareholders)
- Constantly monitor and spot check day to day accounting activities to ensure consistent, accurate record keeping
- Provide direction, feedback, and other interventions as when to correct any accounting errors immediately and report to Finance Manager
- Coordinate training and ongoing compliance awareness of staff to ensure capability of the accounting team to perform their duties accurately and correctly
- End of Period Close Out
- Conduct month end, end of quarter and year end close out and reconciliation of all accounting records.
- Completion of all journal entries, accounts reconciliations and variance analysis
- Provide all required reports to Manager Finance as well as necessary data to other teams within the department to enable them to do their respective closeout reporting.
- Supervision of Accounting Team and Interface Management
- Provide day to day direction and supervision of team of accountants
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are delineated and well understood and followed
- Provide work direction, feedback, input and interventions as required to ensure the proper functioning of the accounting team
- Liaise directly with other departments within the company (Sales, Operations, Maintenance, Procurement) as required to ensure the flow of information to and from the accounting systems and their respective systems…. support the Manager Finance to manage these interfaces across all accounting functions and services.
Qualifications for the Financial Controller Job
Candidate must have a demonstrable track record of managing the Financial and Accounting function with Companies with greater than USD 100 million annual turnover (up to USD 300 million annual turnover).
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CPA preferred with a minimum of 10 years in a Finance/Accounting Leadership role
- Preference will be given to individuals who have the above track record in one or more of the following Sectors:
- Milling and Baking Operations
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing
- Preference will also be given to individuals who have the above track record in emerging or developing markets, multiple global locations, complex and areas with high-risk supply chain management (raw material procurement and finished product sales and distribution). Kenyan or East African Experience considered a plus.
- Kenyans of Asian origin are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th September 2018 on link below: http://www.eaglehr.co.ke or send your CV plus Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: – Eagle HR Consultants Ltd does not charge anything to process your application and any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam.