Job Type: Full Time Job Code: EHC/1107/18
Job Location: Kisumu
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of confectioneries and food products. They are looking to hire a competent and experienced Factory Engineers.
To coordinate and achieve planned production while maintaining the highest standards of safety, quality, delivery and cost leadership.
Factory Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Leading and managing the implementation of the production strategy while monitoring implementation in the scope areas in line with the production strategy, policies, processes and procedures to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Implement procedures and processes in production, to ensure compliance of the Integrated Management System (Quality, EMS, OHS) and regulatory standards. Ensuring operations are coordinated within the RQDC framework.
- Ensure implementation of Safety and Standards procedures to support the company strategic plan.
- Overall in charge of Plant Operations – Production, Maintenance and Quality Assurance.
- Increase production, machine capacity and flexibility while minimizing costs and maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Ensure that the Plant operated at highest efficiency by effective implementation of Preventive Maintenance schedules & Breakdown maintenance.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, for all equipment installations.
- Ensure effective allocation of resources and full utilization of man and machines to produce optimal results.
- Responsible for overall production output, product quality and on-time delivery.
- Monitor plant operations and trigger corrective actions to improve the product and process quality in liaison with quality team.
- Collect and analyze production data to identify on areas of wastage and develop improvement plans.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on investment.
- Work with the rest of the leadership team to decide which production/engineering projects are the highest priorities against the business targets and which can be executed with the available resources.
- Developing and cascading the departmental targets through a performance management structure while inspiring team to achieve the departmental scorecard in line with overall objective.
- Responsible for talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Benchmarking and implementing best practices and concepts in production management
- Implementing product quality, customer & service excellence and change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Qualifications for the Factory Engineers
- Degree in either Process/Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics/ Production Engineering, Food Science or Similar
- At-least 7 year(s) relevant experience in a manufacturing plant/factory with bias to production and engineering;
- 5+ years as a Production / Factory Manager;
- Previous interaction with Kaizen/Lean Manufacturing Principles and ISO Practices.
- Lean Manufacturing Skills (TPM,TQM, Kaizen, Six Sigma)
- Analytical Skills.
- Reporting & Presentation Skills
- Employee Relations Skills
- Strategy Implementation
- Leadership Skills
How to Apply
- All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th September 2018 on link below: http://www.eaglehr.co.ke or send your CV plus Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE:- Eagle HR Consultants Ltd does not charge anything to process your application and any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam.