A. JOB PURPOSE
Our client, a multimillion Technical Electrical Services provider with 80% of the market share being government institutions and devolved units i.e County Government. The client is based in Thika.
To formulate and implement sales and marketing strategies to ensure increased revenue, profits, market share and customer satisfaction and the realization of short term and long-term corporate marketing objectives.
B. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Commercial services management reporting to the GM
- Responsible for all business commercial services in the company
- Member of the management committee.
- Supervises Departments staff
C. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develop and implement marketing plans and strategies to grow, achieve and exceed market share and sales revenue targets
- Target market – customers by segment, product line, geographic area, sales volumes, industry etc.
- Competition – by name, market share, products, pricing strategy, physical address, level of competitiveness, and comparative strengths and weaknesses
- Market environment – Economic factors such as country growth, industry health, economic trends, taxes, and energy costs; legal factors; governmental factors; and other factors that affect the market but which the company has no control.
- Bring out what needs MEL products meet compared to the competition and what competitive advantage, disadvantage does MEL enjoy or suffer
- Set targets and sales forecasts and ensure they are achieved
- Prepare and control departmental budgets
- A comprehensive departmental budget covering all product lines and sales activities
- Device and support MEL distribution strategies
- A clear route to market strategies and plans for all company products and services
- Establish and maintain good corporate relations and implement customer retention management programmes
- A programme that holds customers in MEL from first contact and continues throughout the entire lifetime of the relationship.
- To develop customer loyalty based on what MEL stand for, positive social proof, inner ego, less friction and surprise reciprocity.
- Pragmatically seek strategic partners
- Develop the right expertise in soft skills in lobbying, networking and negotiating with agencies, government authorities, and regulators
- Ensure high-level company branding and visibility in the market
- Design and implement promotion strategies in liaison with the Brand Manager
- Project a positive and desirable image for MEL and its products (features, pricing, customer service and aftersales service, and promotion activities).
- Identify, oversee and assess the activities of promotion and marketing research agencies engaged to carry out research and brand building strategies
- Gather market intelligence
- Identify, oversee and assess the activities of marketing research agencies engaged to carry out research
- Steer market research and intelligence, and conceptualize new products for the market.
- Participate in workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry
- Provide Departmental leadership
- Participate in the recruitment, training, development and motivation of a competent commercial services team
- Assist in prioritizing projects to ensure timely and accurate completion of all assignments
- Develop, update and maintain a central document and client database
- Ensure documentation in all sales and marketing activities for record purposes
Qualifications for the National Sale Manager
- Bachelor Degree in Sales and Marketing or related field
- Member of the Marketing Society of Kenya
- MBA in business studies (Marketing option)
- More than 10 years of experience in the same field
- Highly motivated, energetic, disciplined and result oriented
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Mature, reliable, initiative, co-operative and supportive team player
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
- All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th September 2018 on link below: http://www.eaglehr.co.ke or send your CV plus Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: – Eagle HR Consultants Ltd does not charge anything to process your application and any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam.