Our Client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. As part of institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, The Head of Human Resource and Administration shall effectively manage the human resources function at the Institute by ensuring optimal utilization of human capital resources, developing and building strong working relationships with Institute’s operating partners and staff, driving the people management agenda through aligning human resources strategy to the business needs, implementation of human resource projects and programs, effective resourcing solutions and staff retention, talent management, employee rewards management, employee benefits administration, employee industrial relations and welfare, employee relationship management, change management, compliance and enforcement of labour laws, staff training and development, Human resource policies reviews, human resource planning, as well as managing employee performance.
The Head of Human Resource and Administration shall report to the Chief Executive Officer and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manpower Planning (Talent Management), Resourcing, Budgeting and HR Strategy to attract, recruit, retain and rationalize employee resourcing.
- Ensure Policies, Procedures, Plans, Strategies Formulation, Review and Implementation to promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the management and staff.
- Administration of Rewards management, compensation and benefits; Introduce, monitor and evaluate a performance rewards management system; Design and execute welfare programmes; Develop and roll out service level agreements and ensure career plans are well implemented and developed.
- Implement Training, Learning and Staff Development function to ensure induction and management development programmes are well conducted; Ensure effective liaison with Training Agencies and mentor, coach and inculcate the employees with pertinent organizational cultural values.
- Employee Relations and Welfare to build a positive and progressive work environment. Use knowledge of rules and regulations of Labour Laws to create harmonious employee relations and conflict resolutions.
- Ensure proper management and administration of the performance management system across the organization; timely signing and evaluation of performance management plans; Mentor, coach and create innovative HR teams.
- Administration and Human Capital through completion of operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and support the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management
Qualifications and experience
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Degree and Master degree (Social Sciences and Business)
- 8 years working experience with 5 years’ experience in Management position
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Must have worked in a professional regulatory body
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal attributes
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in preparation of reports and proposals
- Problem solving skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interviewing skills
- Human resource Management
- Performance review methods and techniques
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Drive for results and achievement
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go- getter and a self-starter
- Strong communication and presentation skills and an effective communicator at all levels in the organization.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 25th January, 2019.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT CHARGE any interview fee(s) to any applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.