Job Type: Full Time Job Code: EHC/1108/18
Job Location: Kisumu
Our client is a Leading FMCG manufacturing company in Western Kenya and based in Kisumu, seeks to recruit highly motivated personnel to fill the position of the IT- Oracle Manager. The ideal candidate should have a vast experience in IT – Oracle with hands-on experience in the Manufacturing, FMCG, Retail sectors
Will be directly accountable to the Managing Director, for the performance of all responsibilities related to IT management and administration within the Business Unit. This position is responsible for managing and implementing the Corporate IT strategy within the Business Unit; directs and manages computing and information technology resources, strategic plans, policies, programs, and schedules for data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives; ensures that IT has backup and contingency strategies to minimize risks of outages, downtime, and any other event that could affect operations.
IT (Oracle) Manager Job Responsibilities
- Corporate IT Strategy and Framework Implementation and Compliance
- Ensure that the Business Unit IT procedures and processes and those of the general Business Unit Operation conform to all Corporate policies regarding Architecture, Security, Information Protection and Information Management
- Responsible for a team of information technology professionals, to serve the Business Unit needs and manage the function to ensure implementing the Corporate IT Strategy.
- Provide IT Leadership across the Business Unit, engaging Senior Business Unit management and other key stakeholders, continually evaluating effectiveness of IT systems, resources, infrastructure, soliciting input and feedback…. engaging with other stakeholders across the Business Unit and providing feedback to the Corporate CIO and Organization.
- IT Service and Support
- Establish Organizational Capability, processes and procedures to ensure best practice, leading edge support to all personnel within the Business Unit with a focus on providing the necessary support to ensure the Business Unit achieves its operational and revenue goals.
- Provide Desktop support (first, second and their level); application support, diagnosis, equipment supports and maintenance
- Establish Service Desk Procedures and protocols and service level management
- IT quality assurance and capacity management
- Mobility devices and applications
- IT Operations
- Manage, support, operate, and maintain operability of all Network (LAN, WAN), Internet, VOIP
- Server maintenance and support, backups, storage management, shared servers, common access databases, other interfaces
- Alarm and Access Control Systems
- Telecommunications Infrastructure and Hardware, licensing and compliance
- Infrastructure to support Mobile phones, Land lines, radios and all other operational communications including CCTV cameras and other Security systems
- Responsible for determining equipment, hardware, software requirements; developing recommendations and justification and engaging procurement for required equipment (according to approved budget, commitment authority and approved contracting and procurement policy)
- Applications Support
- Manages and supports all business application software (enterprise applications, ERP systems, payroll systems, management information and reporting systems, collaboration, MS office, other desktop applications) at the Business Unit Level, providing user support.
- Liaising with CIO and Corporate IT organization to identify any upgrades, new developments, modifications and enhancements that can be shared and standardized across the Corporation.
- Provide feedback from Business Unit personnel as to effectiveness of existing applications, and also identifying any new operational or business application software to be evaluated, providing justification.
- Assist Corporate IT and CIO with application development, testing and implementation.
- Company Leadership and Supporting Organizational Transformation
- Accountable to the Managing Director and to fellow Senior Business Unit Management members; Support Business Strategies, Policy Development and Implementation and overall Management of the Resources of the Company; setting direction and supporting Senior Management Team to implement across the Company, consistent with Board and Shareholder expectations. Support the creation, implementation and operationalization of the necessary Strategies, Policies, Governance Structures, Organizational Capabilities, Business Processes and Systems as they apply to Operations and other Initiatives required to establish a world class, functional Operating Company.
- Responsible for organizational effectiveness; setting roles and responsibilities at the department levels and driving consistency of approach down to the line; liaises with HR constantly to ensure job descriptions and roles are well defined effective.
- Supports HR in overall job performance, skills assessments, training requirements and ensures Training needs are identified and fulfilled…. compiles training budget at the department level and reviews with Senior Management
- Works with HR to develop the capability and competency of the Business Unit IT organization, and ensures performance management plans, and training and development plans are in place are actively managed. Coordinates CIO and Human Resources to ensure consistent approach across Business Units
Visibly support the Managing Director and fellow Senior Managers and down through the Business Unit ranks to reinforce this process to ensure successful implementation, compliance and long-term sustainability of the Structure.
- Senior Management and Overall Company Leadership
- Active and Critical Member of Senior Management Team
- Accountable to the Managing Director and to support Company execution of Board and Shareholder Initiatives.
- Supports Managing Director to identify any issues requiring Board and/or Shareholder Approval, Guidance or Interventions.
- Supports Managing Director in the implementation of Board Decisions, Board Guidance and other critical information into the Organization, and in Operations, takes Management responsibility accountability to implement same.
- Provide leadership, management and supervision to direct reports; ensuring accountability and delineating of duties and responsibilities; driving high performance from direct reports and encouraging same throughout Operating organization
- Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Contributes IT Input to from Business Unit perspective to CIO for support to Company Strategies, Annual Operating and Capital Budgets, productivity targets, Annual business Plans. Identify hardware, software, infrastructure and other IT requirements, alone with justification as input to the annual budgeting process. Identify new technology applications and enhancements that might also be of benefit for considering as part of the planning cycle.
- Responsible to cascade company level plans, forecasts and budgets down to the operating units within the Business unit and to allocate responsibility and accountability across the organization.
Qualifications for the IT- Oracle Manager
Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred, in Information Technology. More than 10 years of increasing responsibility with experience across a broad range of IT functions.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in an IT Leadership role
- Preference will be given to individuals who have the above track record in one or more of the following Sectors:
- Milling and Baking Operations
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing
Preference will also be given to individuals who have the above track record in emerging or developing markets, multiple global locations, complex and areas with high-risk supply chain management (raw material procurement and finished product sales and distribution). Kenyan or East African Experience considered a plus.
How to Apply
- All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th September 2018 on link below: http://www.eaglehr.co.ke or send your CV plus Cover letter to email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: – Eagle HR Consultants Ltd does not charge anything to process your application and any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam.