The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The SA will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the registry system
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate, create, change, and delete user accounts per request and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs.
- planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness and reporting on projects
- scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- researching, installing new systems and configure systems that supports .ke Registry infrastructure applications.
- guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision
- ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- securing data from internal and external attack;
- managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Must provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
- Meet with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progres
- Clear understanding of the Domain System (Theory, Registration, Management)
- Indepth knowledge of DNS & DNSSec
- Indepth knowledge of the deployment & management of DNS Server Software (Bind)
Skills and Qualification
- Degree in IT from a recognized institution
- CCNA certified
- 4 years and more experience in system administration.
- In depth Knowledge of Linux, Unix, Solaris Server Platforms (Deployment & Administration)
- In depth knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL)
- Good knowledge in Webserver Setup, Deployment & Management (HTTP/HTTPS on Apache & Tomcat)
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networks and Protocols (IPv4 & Ipv6)
- Knowledge in the Management of Private & Public Facing IP Networks
- Indepth knowledge on IP Routing & Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Good knowledge in virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge in Messaging Systems (SMTP/IMAP, VOIP)
- Good Experience in Systems Documentation
- Great Inter-Personal Communication & Presentation Skills
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application letter plus your CV to email@example.com on or before 13th November 2018.