About the Role
Our client, an agent in tours and travels industry is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fit in a team that will propel the institution to a world class tours and travel agency. The Advocacy and Industry Relations role is to supports the CEO’s engagement in research, advocacy and policy initiatives. The role is responsible for growing company’s reputation, mission, influence and reach in order to support the growth of the travel trade in Kenya.
- Provide research and analysis on key issues affecting the travel trade and produce reports, briefing notes and other materials to support engagement with relevant agencies.
- Support the CEO in advocacy efforts on specific advocacy priorities and occasionally represent the company in engagements with high profile policymakers, practitioners, academic partners, the media and the public.
- Advise the CEO on emerging/pending legislative and regulatory activity affecting the travel trade and communicate the same with membership via articles, reports, oral briefings, and social media.
- Work closely with the CEO and relevant Board committees to develop coordinated advocacy and public campaigns on priority themes either individually or jointly with other industry partners.
- Maintain strategic engagements with relevant parliamentary committees and government institutions to draw attention to the travel industry and ensure that a conducive business environment for travel agents prevails.
- Lead fundraising efforts from donors to support client’s advocacy agenda.
- Proactively identify and establish external relationships with relevant government and non-governmental agencies including tourism associations to meet both our local and global advocacy objectives.
- Build strategic alliances with key industry partners such as IATA, Airlines and GDS companies, and represent the company at industry events/platforms that advance its interests.
- Support the CEO with managing relationships with Government (ministries, departments, parastatals, policy makers and regulators), business associations and other national and international stakeholders including independent bodies.
- Monitor, analyze and understand local and international business environment for decisions/actions that impact the industry and recommend proactive responses to mitigate their impact on the local trade.
- Work with industry partners such as IATA, Airlines, GDS companies and Academic institutions in developing standards and policies that advance Travel as an industry.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Social science field.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Exceptional ability to carry out research and analysis on matters affecting the travel industry.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relations with high profile policy makers and partners.
- Must be a quick learner, flexible and ready to work for long hours when need arises.
- MUST have ability to plan strategically, prioritize time, and manage implementation of plans in fast-moving, changeable environments
- Superior attention to detail, critical thinking and reporting
- Ability to negotiate and raise funds.
- Must be a self-motivating individual, ready to work with minimum supervision, a team leader & player and with excellent communication skills (Oral & Written).
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 1st February 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT CHARGE any interview fee(s) to any applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.