The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Reporting to the Manager Finance and Strategy, the candidate shall be responsible for the smooth running of all finance related activities including preparation of accurate monthly reports, fixed asset management, treasury management and payable management. Other responsibilities will include supervision of the staff in the department, coordination of finance section activities, development of finance staff annual KPIs and performance appraisal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate financial reporting; preparation of financial reports (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Preparation of accurate monthly subscription income report
- Preparation of accurate monthly seminar repots
- Oversee monthly stock take and provision of monthly inventory reports
- Review all payments in line with the finance policy
- Treasury management; preparation of timely and accurate weekly/monthly cashflow projections
- Review of all Bank reconciliations
- Management of accounting function (receivables and payables)
- Liaise with Finance Manager to open, close or amend general ledgers
- Audit and risk compliance; ensure smooth internal and external audit processes to completion
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- 5 years working experience in accounting environment with experience in financial reporting, asset management cash management, store management, treasury management.
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Degree
- Member of the Institute (ICPAK) in good standing
- Other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Personal attributes
- Financial Reporting
- Cashflow management and projections
- Budget formulation and monitoring
- Coordinating Internal and External Audits
- Experience in working with most accounting software or ERP, preferably Microsoft Navision system
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applicants must also attach chapter six compliance documents or proof of having initiated compliance process.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday 29th January, 2020.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.