Our client, a membership association for the Insurance Companies in Kenya whose mandated is to offer consultative and advisory services for the insurance industry. The organization is looking to hire a dedicated Assistant Manager -General Insurance
DEPARTMENT: General Insurance
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, General Insurance
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical support services in General Insurance department and coordinating activities relating to the committees in the department.
- Analyze risks in all classes of general insurance and ensuring all technical committees receive adequate technical, statistical and research services for underwriting and claims purposes
- Review, study and evaluate matters relating to technical committees e.g. scope of cover provided, policy wording, terms and conditions, rates, claims experience, etc and advice accordingly
- Prepare notices/information packs for meetings falling under the technical committees
- Organize and coordinate technical workshops for the various technical committees
- Respond to complaints/enquires received from the general public
- Come up with proposed activities/budgets for the technical committees
- Promote professionalism and technical underwriting standards and follow up to ensure that members comply with various resolutions
- Supervise the operations of the marine cargo surveillance scheme
- Issue motor and aviation insurance certificates
- Issue agents licenses/ID cards promptly
- Prepare the general insurance industry annual statistics that feeds to the associations’ annual report
- Coordinate with the Manager, Research, Public Relations and Education to ensure departmental PR activities including production of journal, bulletin, CSR activities and organizing the Nairobi international trade fair are successful
- Identify gaps and organize seminars, workshops to discuss various issues relating to the general insurance business
- C-ordinate with the relevant conference secretary, the meetings and ensure that notices are sent, quorums confirmed and actions taken.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Economics, Social Sciences or other related fields
- Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or any other internationally recognized insurance qualification will be an added advantage.
- Member of Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant working experience in the insurance industry.
Skills and Attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of the Insurance Industry;
- Technical knowledge of general insurance operations such as underwriting, claims, reinsurance, customer service, products and services;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to write complex reports, position papers; and
- Analytical skills.
- ICT skill will be essential.
- Ability to operate within timelines.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before the close of business on Friday 26th February, 2021.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.