The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing departmental functions and managing employees in consultation with the Head of Human Resource and Administration. The candidate shall implement and conduct on a timely basis HR processes and practices including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, orientation and training. Other responsibilities will include HR data management and reporting, supervision of staff in the department, co-ordination of HR activities, development of HR staff annual KPIs and performance appraisal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare HR strategy including manpower planning and succession plans.
- Resourcing; co-ordinate and support all aspects of the recruitment and selection process of staff through job description development, recruitment planning, advertising, shortlisting, selection and deployment.
- Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop skills and capabilities of staff; analyze training needs in conjunction with line managers, plan and deliver training
- Prepare annual HR budgets and procurement plans
- Process HR data and payroll entries in a timely manner
- Provide guidance to employees and management in regard to HR policies, practices and relevant employment law.
- Rewards management, compensation and benefits administration
- Implementation of Staff welfare, health and safety programmes
- Enterprise Risk Management; undertake departmental HR audits, protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- 5 years working experience with at least 4 years in a similar position
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Degree/Master degree and post graduate diploma
- Member of IHRM in good standing
- Professional qualifications: IHRM certification will be an added advantage
Key Competencies and Personal attributes
- Strong people skills
- Human resource management
- Performance review methods and techniques
- Ability to work independently and effectively use time
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applicants must also attach chapter six compliance documents or proof of having initiated compliance process.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday 29th January, 2020.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.