Our Client, The Institution of Surveyors of Kenya is the professional organization in Kenya that brings together the “landed” professionals; namely the Valuers, Land Surveyors, Geomatic Engineers, Registered Estate Agents, Property Managers, Building Surveyors, Land Administration Managers and Facilities Managers.
The Institute is looking for highly competent and innovative leaders to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer
- Ensuring that the Secretariat services are provided efficiently and effectively;
- Interpreting and implementing the decisions of the Council;
- Overseeing review and the implementation of the Institution’s strategic plan;
- Overseeing the formulation and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures within the Institution;
- Safeguarding ISK assets;
- Coordinating the Institution’s membership and growth strategies that ensures retention of current members while recruiting new members;
- In conjunction with the PR & Editorial Committee, developing a communication strategy and ensuring timely communication to the members and the public;
- Overseeing various training programmes, seminars, workshops and forums targeting members of the Institution and non-members from the relevant sectors
- Organizing the members’ annual general meetings and special general meetings as and when required.
- Ensuring proper management of Institution’s finances in conjunction with the Finance and Audit committee;
- Ensuring regular and accurate preparation of financial and non-financial reports to ISK stakeholders;
- Providing overall management of Secretariat;
- Acting as the link between the Council and the Secretariat;
- Overseeing project implementation and fundraising;
- Coordinating the implementation of annual work plans;
- Overseeing the budgeting process;
- Representing the Institution in various forums as advised by the Council or directed by the Chairman of ISK;
- Providing organizational leadership and supervision of all employees in order to achieve the Institution’s goals and objectives;
- Convening Council and Committee meetings as instructed by the relevant chair
- Receiving and disbursing, under the direction of the Finance and Audit committee, all moneys belonging to the Institution
- Dealing with all the correspondence of the Institution in consultation with the Chairman of ISK
- Spearheading various Institution initiatives including but not limited to the legislative framework
- Performing any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the Council.
- A Master’s Degree in Business administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognised university;
- A Bachelor degree in a business related area or its equivalent from a recognized university. A degree in Real Estate or Surveying would be an added advantage;
- Five years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Be a member and in good standing of a relevant professional body.
- Commitment to results, customer focused and goal driven
- Effective decision making and excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinker with business acumen, demonstrated high leadership and management leadership skills
- Resource mobilization skills
- Have the ability to manage continuity, change and transition
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 1st February 2019.
ISK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any