Our client, an investment Co-operative Society is seeking to recruit focused, strategic and self-driven candidates to fill the following positions.
Reporting directly to the Board, the CEO will develop and deliver business and people strategies, which support the Society’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/he will lead management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which, s/he will manage and grow the society business ensuring strategy execution.
- Act as the primary spokesperson of the Society
- Lead the development and execution of the Corporate strategy to ensure achievement of the Society objectives
- Develop and Implement operational of policies of the Society ensuring alignment of the same with the strategic plan and reporting thereon to the Board of Directors
- Lead the achievement of the Society’s financial goals as per the approved Society targets and consistently meeting the key performance Indicators
- Ensure consistent compliance with the with statutory and regulatory requirements, Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Present financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authority and the ministry for cooperatives development and marketing in accordance with the approved timeliness.
- Put in place and Maintain effective internal controls and management information systems.
- Monitor expenditures of the Society to make sure they are within the authorized annual budget of the Society.
- Oversee the Society fiscal activities including budgeting, reporting and auditing
- Ensure the grow of the Society business in terms of products, revenues and assets as stipulated in the Strategic Plan.
- Keeping the Society abreast of new technological and commercial developments pertinent to the Society’s field of operation and within approved budgets;
- Have in place a strong Risk, Compliance and Governance Framework embedded across the organization;
- Ensure that the Society has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- Work closely with the Board and the senior management team to establish and review strategic priorities for stakeholders
- Maintain effective communication with employees, members, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Implementation of the Board of Directors Committee resolutions and recommendations in accordance with the approved timelines.
- Ensure maintenance of appreciate staffing levels
- Oversee day to day operation of the Society
- Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes positive moral, strong ethical practices, good governance and high performance.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Marketing or any other Business-related degree from a recognized university
- IT proficiency
- Ten (10) years relevant experience working at a senior level in a Financial Institution (preferably within the co-operative sector or other relevant industry)
- CPA (K) / ACCA
- A member of a relevant professional body
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Valid Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID);
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)-Not Exceeding Three Months old
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Thursday 31st 2020.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply