Location: ICPAK Headquarters
Our Client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) which was established in 1978 is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya. ICPAK draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 and has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fit in a team that will propel it to a world class professional accountancy institute.
Offer good customer service to both internal and external customers through performance of front office / customer service activities. The Customer Service Officer shall handle member queries from calls and walk-ins and serve in a one-stop-shop model to address common / recurrent challenges that members face.
The Customer Service Officer shall report to the Marketing and Customer Service Manager and shall be tasked with the following:
- Manning the Reception / Front Office desk
- Receive incoming calls.
- Keeping daily logs of visitors to the Institute.
- Receive guests and guide them to the appropriate office/staff.
- Receive all letters delivered at the Reception
- Ensure the Reception area is neat, clean and comfortable for waiting guests.
- Collecting feedback
- Administer feedback forms to visitors to the Institute
- Receive and record all queries, complaints and or compliments received through telephone.
- Where possible, provide solutions. Where not, escalate to the concerned department/staff or to the Customer Service Manager
- Handle the suggestion box by ensuring it’s emptied on a regular basis and content is recorded and analyzed.
- Supplier Relations
- Receive and record all invoices to ICPAK
- Acknowledge receipt to the supplier giving indicative date when payment will be ready, through telephone
- Forward all received invoices to the Accounts department for payment
- Contact suppliers to collect their payments once ready.
- Member Relations
Contact members whose letters, certificates or any other documents have been left at the reception for collection.
- Support in the Continous Professional Development (CPD) online update
- Handle the members walk in CPD related inquiries / matters.
- Handle Members training and development matters on registration of training, general training inquiries, etc.
- Receive and record all cheques to the Institute and forward them to Accounts department for receipting.
- Receive and record all returned invoices, statements or other documents and confirm the correct addresses for update in the database.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Submitting official documents to clients e.g. letters, dispatches to couriers
- Taking meeting reservations
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Two years of working experience with one (1) year relevant working experience
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Diploma
- Professional qualifications: Computer applications
- The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
Customer and Personal service, Telecommunications, Clerical procedures, Administration, Public safety and security
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 25th January 2019.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT CHARGE any interview fee(s) to any applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.