Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Our client, the Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The corporation was established in August 2013.
The Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017.
The Board of ICT Authority now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent academic credentials to fill the following vacant position.
Human Resource Officers are responsible for the management of the Human Resources function; including formulation, periodic review and implementation of HR policies; compensation and benefits; staff training and development (competent and productive workforce); employee industrial relations; and performance management.
a) Job Specifications
- Coordinating, development, implementation and review of HR policies, rules, regulations, strategies, procedures and guidelines;
- Coordinating recruitment, staff training and development programmes and industrial relations matters;
- Providing technical advice on HR issues and interpreting HR policies, rules, regulations and statutes;
- Overseeing human resource management activities including preparation of HR budget, recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, career management, training and development, staff welfare, discipline, salary administration etc.;
- Undertaking continuous appraisal and review of the Authority’s terms and conditions of service and making recommendations for improvement;
- Coordinating the implementation of the performance management system;
- Overseeing human resource planning and development;
- Analyzing the staffing levels and making proposals for succession planning;
- Overseeing training and development of staff;
- Coordinating Training Needs Assessments and ensuring implementation of suitable training programmes;
- Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of training and development programmes; (xii) Coordinating development and implementation of Performance Management System; (xiii) Coordinating development, implementation and review of Career Progression Guidelines;
- Facilitating human resource planning and succession management;
- Managing the Human Resource Information Management System;
- Managing employee relations;
- Maintaining staff discipline;
- Coordinating staff welfare schemes and programmes;
- Managing the payroll;
- Ensuring compliance with statutes and regulations related to HR;
- Managing staff separation; and
- Capacity building and performance management of staff.
b) Personal Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- At least nine (9) years relevant work experience in Public or Private Sector, three (3) of which in Management;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science/Government, Anthropology or any other Social Science from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the Human Resources, Management/Development/Planning, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration/Management/Development or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Leadership Course lasting less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to the Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, managerial and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results.
(c) Competencies and Skills
- Communicating skills;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Planning and organizing;
- Managing performance;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Analyzing and innovating;
- A good understanding of global HR Trends
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Strategic mindset and ability to influence
Method of Application:
Candidates should submit their applications including; Application letter(With Job Ref No), updated detailed CV with current and expected remuneration, Copy of National ID, Copies of academic and professional testimonials to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Tuesday 14th June 2022.
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.