Terms of Service: Contract of Three (3) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The Director, Internal Audit and Standards will be a member of senior management team. He/She will be answerable to the Chief Executive Officer and be in charge of the internal audit standards for state organs and public entities and in corroboration with International Internal Auditing Standards Board (AIISB) in ensuring quality of internal audit standards.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director Internal Audit Standards shall be responsible for:
- Corroborating with International Internal Auditing Standards Board (AIISB) in ensuring quality of internal audit standards
- Leading in research and publication thereof of materials that promote the activities of the organization.
- Monitoring and evaluation role to ensure that the standards are effectively adopted and implemented by all reporting entities and recommend any necessary actions for improvement.
- Developing learning materials, publications and lead in training and capacity building of standards promulgated by the organization.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of eight (8) years in Finance, Accounting or Auditing or related field in a reputable organization three (3) years of which should be at a senior management position.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting Auditing or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must be a holder of CIA and CPA/ACCA or CIFA or any other qualification.
- Must be a full member of the Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA) in good standing.
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of international internal auditing standards and hands on experience in their application.
- Working knowledge in Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs).
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional competence and managerial capabilities.
- Must have experience in organizing, designing, implementing training and capacity building programs in international accounting standards.
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating their current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Or by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours.
Applications should be made on or before close of business on Tuesday 5th March 2019. Applicants are also expected to provide full contacts details and email contacts of three references.
Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD,
P.O BOX 33929-00600
10TH FLOOR WESTERN HEIGHTS
KARUNA RD, WESTLANDS
OFF: +254 (O) 700 769 770,