Our Client is a fast-growing business with interests in financial services, banking, telecommunications, real estate and various other industries. To achieve the corporate business strategy, the client is looking for competent and aggressive candidates to fill the position of Director, Real Estate Portfolio Management based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
The position is responsible for the overall successful operations of properties and works to ensure the operations of Group’s property portfolio are well managed and profitable. The position requires setting short-term and long-term goals and developing strategy to achieve these goals. The role has full supervisory responsibility for several employees, including Property Management Supervisors and the Facilities Managers.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the successful candidate will lead the Real Estate Business Portfolio.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual property budgets, with input from facilities managers, building managers and the people responsible for Asset Management
- Develop Asset Management Plan, including record retention protocols, performance standards and risk rating
- Prepare annual property management plans and budget
- Analyze monthly performance and budget projections and compares to annual plan and budget; adjusts strategies accordingly
- Monitor project revenues, operating expenses, capital replacements, capital needs and reserve accounts
- Work closely with the board and executive management to establish budgets and management practices for new real estate developments.
- Advise the board and senior management about sale and acquisition of properties.
- Set financial performance goals for each property and continuously evaluate financial performance of the Group property portfolio against suitable benchmarks established by management.
- Facilitate internal and external appraisal processes for the Portfolio
- Monitor real estate market conditions regularly and communicates to appropriate staff and board any market changes that need to be addressed.
- Monitor market rent prices as they pertain to setting Group’s property rents. Manage commercial leases including assessing and calculating annual returns, monitoring lease compliance and renewals.
- Introduce appropriate property management software to ensure effective reporting and control
- Prepare and present Group property portfolio reports relating to performance, goals, standards, benchmarks, etc.
- Strong knowledge of property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws, rules and regulations.
- Good command of commercial management and leasing practices
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate development or related field preferred with sufficient experience to provide strong leadership in property management practices and techniques.
- University degree in business administration or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years equivalent level experience in managing a property at a property management department. Candidate should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent command of English; fluency in Somali would be an advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Tuesday 5th February 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any