GRADE: ICTA 2
TERMS OF SERVICE: CONTRACT
Our client, The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. Established in August 2013, the Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017.
The Board of ICT Authority now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent academic credentials to fill the above position to be based at ICTA headquarters.
The Director, Shared Services shall be charged with:
- Advising the Authority on all e-Government, infrastructure, security and information matters;
- Initiating the development of all ICT strategies, standards, guidelines and programmes;
- Ensuring the alignment of ICT strategies with national and county policies, plans, programs and priorities;
- Facilitating the design, implementation and use of ICTs in the public service;
- Overseeing the establishment, development and maintenance of secure ICT enterprise systems, websites and portals including development and implementation of Security back-up and disaster recovery measures for all Information Technology and systems in the Government of Kenya.
- Promoting ICT literacy and capacity;
- Promoting e-Government services;
- Facilitating the development of e-Government services;
- Facilitating optimal electronic, electronic form, electronic record and equipment use in the public service;
- Facilitating the establishment, development and maintenance of secure ICT infrastructure and systems;
- Supervising the design, development and implementation of critical ICT projects across the public service;
- Designing strategies for effective and optimal use of Government data centres
- Analysing and submitting policies to improve ICT implementation in public service;
- Identifying, formulating, examining, analysing and initiating review of policies touching on the ICT systems and infrastructure;
- Advising on procurement needs of the Directorate;
- Approval of work plans and budgets for the Directorate;
- Overseeing the execution of the approved departmental work plans and budgets;
- Overseeing staff performance Appraisal in the Directorate;
- Managing staff performance and development in the Directorate; and
- Managing Risk in the Directorate.
- At least twelve (12) years relevant work experience either in public or private sector, five (5) of which in a Senior Management Position;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following fields:- Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Software/Computer Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognised institution;
- Master’s degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognised institution;
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Relevant certifications in Enterprise applications (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft) is an added advantage;
- Member of a professional body such as ICT Association of Kenya (ICTAK), IMIS, etc. in good standing;
- Knowledge of information technology designs, setups, installation, implementation and maintenance;
- Knowledge of security issues, crisis management and business continuity; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
The following documents will be required during application
- Application Letter
- Copy of Academic Certificates
- Copy of Professional Certificates
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of National ID
- Candidates will be required to satisfy (or have initiated the process of complying with) the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and attach the clearance certificates.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the position should submit their applications quoting the reference number of the Vacancy on the email subject together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae in PDF format, stating their current remuneration and expected salary to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No hard copy applications. Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
Deadline for application is 26th June, 2020
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and women are highly encouraged to apply