Our client, the National Construction Authority (NCA) is a State Corporation established under the National Construction Authority Act No. 41 of 2011 with the broad mandate to oversee the construction industry and coordinate its development.
The Authority is seeking to recruit an individual with a high degree of integrity, professional competence and administrative capabilities and strategic orientation to fill the position.
Tenure of office: Contract of 4 (Four) years renewable for a further term of four (4) years based on performance and business requirements
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director shall; –
- be the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority,
- be responsible to the Board for the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Authority,
- be the Secretary to the Board and the Registrar of contractors.
- Spearhead execution of the Authority’s functions as outlined in NCA Act No. 41 of 2011, develop and implement the strategic plan and objectives as well advise the Board on the performance of the same;
- Accountable to the Board for all matters pertaining to registration of contractors and regulating their professional undertaking, accreditation of construction workers and site supervisors, execution of quality assurance activities, commissioning of construction research and disseminating findings, business development activities and development of training & capacity building programmes for contractors, construction workers and site supervisors;
- Ensure effective acquisition and utilization of financial, human and other resources to meet objectives of the Authority;
- Responsible for procurement and asset disposal in the Authority in line with Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act of 2015;
- Ensure compliance with policies, laws and regulations of the Country;
- Nurture relationships and secure co-operation and collaboration with other institutions for effective implementation of the Authority’s mandate;
- Foster a favourable corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices and good governance;
- Provide leadership and attend to human resource matters including effective communication in the Authority in order to create a work environment that leads to retention and motivation of employees; and
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of services provided by the Authority and take cognizance of the imminent risk factors available.
Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Masters degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Engineering OR Masters degree in Business Administration from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines; Architecture, Quantity Surveying or Engineering from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Ten (10) years post-registration work experience in a management position in a public or private sector in an organisation of similar capacity, complexity and with a national mandate;
- Be a member with local and relevant professional body and be in good standing;
- Registration with local relevant professional regulatory bodies such as Board of Registration of Architects & Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS), Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Valid professional practicing license;
- Certificate in strategic leadership course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in corporate governance course lasting not less than five (5) days from a recognized institution;
- Have good understanding of governance structures, government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning and Vision 2030, human resource management, thorough public finance management: budgeting, procurement and asset disposal legal and NCA legal and operating requirements, further supported by relevant trainings and certificates where applicable;
- Must demonstrate proven experience in policy making, strategic planning, developing and implementation of relevant and quality programmes to regulate, streamline and build capacity in the construction industry for sustainable socio-economic development;
- Demonstrate ability in networking, fundraising, resource mobilization and fund management;
- Must have a good track record of successful change management; and
- Be of highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship.
The following core competencies and skills are required:
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Firm, fair and transparent style of management;
- Ability to espouse and promote the national values and principles of governance;
- Be a visionary and results oriented leader;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from Director of Public Prosecution.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet criteria for any of the above positions, you may submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae in PDF among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, your application addressed to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD, WESTERN HEIGHTS, 10TH FLOOR must be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.
National Construction Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.