Reporting to: General Manager.
Job Grade 6 with very attractive compensation
The job holder will be responsible for the finance function through effective financial planning and management. The job holder will also advise the board and management on key financial decisions that will promote prudent use of resources for improved returns to the investors.
- Provide leadership in overall financial management in the preparation of the Sacco’s financial statements, budget formulation and SACCO investment strategy.
- Preparation of timely, consistent and accurate financial statements in accordance with the SACCO’s policies and procedures and statutory reporting.
- Interpretation of financial information to the Board and Management.
- Monitoring cash flows and conducting forecasts that provide guidance to the Sacco in planning and decision making.
- Initiate and implement sound management policies to ensure accounting processes and procedures are effective, with performance monitoring systems that comply with prudential regulatory standards and risk management strategies.
- Establish good working relations with professionals (bankers, auditors or statutory organizations) and regulators that support growth of a vibrant financial institution.
- Manage the SACCO’s budgets against actual performance and advise the board and senior management on modalities to maintain growth and the long term financial goals of the SACCO.
- Update the Sacco Board and management on changes in legislation or regulations that may affect business operations
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance or any other related Business degree.
- A Full professional accounting qualification – CPA (K), or ACCA
- Must be a member of ICPAK in good standing.
- MBA in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or related field would be an added advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Management in a Financial institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Planning and Management.
- Strong analytical and numeric skills.
- Articulate communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good working Knowledge of accounting software preferably Microsoft Navision.
- A proven track record in organization and problem solving skills for effective and prompt decision making with demonstrable results.
- Sound knowledge International Financial Reporting Standards and Taxation laws.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below by close of business 12th August 2019 quoting current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only e-mail applications shall be considered.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).