Our client, the National Construction Authority (NCA) is a State Corporation established under the National Construction Authority Act No. 41 of 2011 with the broad mandate to oversee the construction industry and coordinate its development.
The Authority is seeking to recruit an individual with a high degree of integrity, professional competence and administrative capabilities and strategic orientation to fill the position.
Tenure of office: Contractual terms for a period of three (3) years and is renewable for further two terms of three (3) years each based on performance and business requirements.
Purpose of the job:
The General Manager, Registration and Compliance will be responsible to the Executive Director for all Registration and Compliance matters, setting direction for the directorate and providing leadership.
- Oversee formulation, implementation and review of policies and strategies on registration and compliance in the construction industry;
- Oversee the implementation of the directorate’s strategic objectives;
- Direct registration and compliance projects;
- Spearhead registration of contractors in all regional offices including timely issuance of registration documents, renewal of registration and related activities;
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of accreditation of skilled construction workers and construction site supervisors;
- Ensure execution of quality assurance activities and compliance with the code of conduct for the construction industry;
- Oversee budgeting for registration and compliance activities;
- Ensure the department achieves targets as set out in the performance contract;
- Institute operational accountability and transparency;
- Provide overall direction, control, co-ordination and guidance of the staff under the directorate;
Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Masters degree in Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management OR Masters degree in Business Administration from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines; Engineering, Architecture, Building Economics, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Ten (10) years work experience in the construction industry in the public or private sector, three (3) of which must have been in a management position (post-registration) in Registration and Compliance or in a comparable position in an organization of similar capacity, complexity and with a national mandate;
- Membership with local and relevant professional body where applicable such as Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK), Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK), Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK), Institute of Construction Project Managers (ICPM);
- Registration with local relevant professional regulatory bodies such as Board of Registration of Architects & Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS), Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Valid professional practicing license;
- Certificate in strategic leadership course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in corporate governance course lasting not less than five (5) days from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control, coordination and execution of construction development programmes including drafting policy recommendation;
- Have good understanding of governance structures, government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning and Vision 2030, human resource management, thorough public finance management: budgeting, procurement and asset disposal legal and NCA legal and operating requirements, further supported by relevant trainings and certificates where applicable;
- Must have a good track record of successful change management; and
- Be of highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship.
The following core competencies and skills are required:
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Firm, fair and transparent style of management;
- Ability to espouse and promote the national values and principles of governance;
- Be a visionary and results oriented leader;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from Director of Public Prosecution.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet criteria for any of the above positions, you may submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae in PDF among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience to: email@example.com
To be considered, your application addressed to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD, WESTERN HEIGHTS, 10TH FLOOR must be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.
National Construction Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.