Our client, a multinational company (in over 40 countries in the world) in renewable energy sector (Specifically Solar energy) is looking for a General Manager to oversee business operations in East, Central and West Africa with headquarters based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Decides the strategic direction and business organisational structure to achieve goals, objectives and KPIs
- Decides on operational business plans, performance reviews and ratings in line with agreed KPIs
- Decides on business budgets and initiatives to include products to launch in the market in line with market trends and consumer needs
Sales Managers, Project Managers, Finance Manager, Administration Manager, Business Development Manager, Customer Service Manager and Procurement Manager.
EXTERNAL BUSINESS CONTACTS
The successful candidate will have constant contact with the following, but not limited to;
- Key Suppliers and EPCs
- Key customers, (Corporates, Dealers, Wholesalers, end users)
- Key service providers
- Government bodies and affiliated bodies
- In charge of annual strategic and business plan
- Annual budget and six-month budget review
- Monthly reporting on business performance
- Monthly / Fortnightly Operations Meeting with regional staff
- Master’s degree in Science and Technology with specialty in Electricity, Power, Renewable Energy, or any other related field from a recognized university
- Bachelor’s degree in Science and Technology with specialty in Electricity, Power, Renewable Energy, or any other related field from a recognized university
- Post Graduate Diploma in sciences, Technology, Electricity, Power, Renewable Energy, or any other related field from a recognized learning institution
- Diploma in management, administration or a related field from a recognized learning institution
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Minimum 20 years corporate experience;
- At least 10 years at senior management level;
- Passive infrastructure/Solar industry knowledge preferable;
- Proven operations knowledge/experience;
- Knowledge/ experience in a Telecommunications environment;
- Experience of leading a business with a balance sheet of over 10M USD and or department with over 30 employees will be desirable;
- Knowledge of Strategic Management;
- Proven and reliable network with relevant Government institutions.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including application letter indicating their current and expected salary and updated CV in pdf format. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title on the email subject. Deadline for the application is on or before 15th July 2022 at 1700hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.