Our client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 (which repealed Accountants Act Cap 531 of 1977). Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, he/she shall head the Procurement Department and undertake all procurement matters of the Institute which includes the preparation of the Institute’s Annual Procurement Plan and advise Management on procurement issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate timely, cost-effective, quality and accurate procurement of ICPAK inputs (i.e. goods, services and works), and ensuring full adherence to the public procurement guidelines and compliance with the relevant/related laws.
- Prepare requisitions for quotations or tenders to prequalified suppliers or the public
- Establish in co-ordination with the relevant department and end users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the Institute
- Review the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective
- Ensure equitable and fair distribution of Request for Proposals to all pre qualified suppliers
- Manage the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise
- Overseeing the receipt of all tender applications, ensure they are in safe custody, compile and prepare Tender Committee papers
- Supervise purchases, stores management and inspection and issues of goods
- Provide an effective Secretariat to the Tender Committee and facilitating a secretariat for Procurement Committee
- Disposal of unserviceable ICPAK assets
- Management of the stocks with an effective Materials Requirement Plan and stocks management policy.
- Maintenance of evaluation and performance records of suppliers
- Controlling and managing of receipt, issue and storage of all factory and workshop materials, engineering spares, petrol station, scrap yard and agricultural stores.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of record keeping relating to stores.
- Maintain sound procurement policies that ensure sourcing and acquisition of goods, services and works is done while adhering to the laid down regulations
Technical Competencies & Skills required to perform in the job:
- MS Office Suite – Advanced
- Report writing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Strong Risk Management Abilities
- High integrity
- Detail oriented
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Risk control oriented
- Quick Thinker
- Change management skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance
Behavioral Competencies required to perform in the job:
- Builds Trust
- Honesty / Fairness
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Recognizes Others’ Achievements/Contributions
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
- Respect for Others
- Supports Diversity and Understands Related Issues
- Understands Others’ Perspectives
- Commitment to Continuous Quality/Process Improvement
- Customer Orientation
- Displays Vision
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change
In addition, he/she should have the following skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality about all communication matters
- Team player and effective team leader
- Ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers and possess excellent performance review and analytical methods and techniques
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self-starter
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and ability to persuade people
- Strong management and supervision skills with ability to supervise a diverse team.
- Must have managed or supervised at least 5 or more staff in the past two years
- Experience in dealing with different stakeholders and diversified viewpoints, and ability to look at issues from multiple dimensions
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Degree and relevant post graduate qualifications
- Professional qualifications: Relevant postgraduate diploma or certification qualifications in procurement
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience with 5 years’ relevant experience in a management position
- Membership to relevant professional body in good standing.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 12th October, 2021.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.