Our client is a leading integrated business solutions provider that commenced its operations in Kenya in 2014. The organization delivers high-end technological solutions for world-class businesses.
The group has multiple business interests across domains like business technology, electronic security systems and digital signage. The Group has a vast presence in Kenya and a proven track record of delivering a diverse range of services to businesses across domains by leveraging synergies across group companies.
The Group offers solutions for Electronic Security Systems, Queue Management Systems, Visitor Management System, Time & Attendance System, and more
Reporting to the chief accountant, the overall purpose of this role is to manage the logistics and imports & exports of the company on a daily basis.
- Obtain quotes and coordinate with the logistics companies for the timely arrival of the cargo at the best possible rates.
- Prepare all the necessary documents including but not limited to IDF, COC, invoice among others prior to the arrival of shipment for seamless clearing upon arrival.
- Visit the airport to fast tracking the clearing of shipments as and when required
- Coordinate and communicate with KRA / customs department to clear any ambiguity with the shipment
- Undertake the clearing process in conjunction with the clearing agent and ensure timely delivery of the cargo
- Ensure the goods are cleared in the quickest possible time
- Verify and the goods upon arrival and match them with the packing list and invoice.
- Provide landed cost / final cost once the goods have been delivered on site / at the store.
- Update the status of the good in transit on daily basis to the back-office team
- Coordinate transport and logistics of the company for local shipments and cargo
- Provide castings of newly imported items as when requested by the sales team
- Ensure proper filing of all the import and export documents
- Proven work experience as an imports clerk with minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Candidate should be conversant with Kentrade and Simba system.
- Candidate should have through knowledge about the imports and export formalities and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Degree in clearing and forwarding will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Tuesday 13th August 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT CHARGE any interview fee(s) to any applicant.