The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk, the candidate shall ensure successful completion of IT audit assignments, from start to finish, inclusive of pre-planning and wrap up activities. Identifies areas of internal control weaknesses and areas of non- compliance within the Institute and provide sound and practical recommendations to management. Communicates significant IT risks and audit findings through periodic audit reports to management.
IS Auditor shall monitor the Institute’s computer network for possible mismanagement and inefficiency. He/she shall ensure that IT practices comply with the Institutes’ procedures as well as the best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Information Systems Auditor shall perform the following duties and responsibilities as stated here below:
- Perform detailed evaluation of internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems and infrastructure.
- Perform assessments of all new and existing systems (including peripheral/interfaced applications).
- Preparing audits reports which clearly communicates audit findings and recommendations.
- Reviewing new applications systems development acquisitions or major changes to existing systems i.e. analysis, design and implementation of identified inherent risks.
- Reviewing data and network security e.g. access controls, systems back-ups, segregation of duties, etc.
- Reviewing documentation/procedures such as Service level agreements, IT contracts, DRP, programs and ICT policy.
- Reviewing software and hardware support and maintenance.
- Participating in Audit assignments which will include IT, plus tasks assigned to other areas.
- Provide advice in resolving information security incidents.
- Quality assurance to ensure that all work delivered, including working papers, both meet the standards required as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions.
- Ensure follow up on implementation of agreed audit recommendations tracked using Teammate Audit Management System.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned;
- Follow up Audits
- Conducts follow up audits on the implementation of Audit recommendations.
- Review the feedback and evidence to support implementation of audit recommendations provided by Audit Clients through the Team Central module of TeamMate Audit Management System.
- Assist Audit clients on TeamMate Audit Management System support.
- Facilitate the effective implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management policy framework in the Institute;
- Designing, implementing and reviewing processes for sound risk management;
- Taking part in the monthly meetings with the Institute’s risk champions;
- Providing assurance on the effectiveness of ICT related risks mitigation plans;
- Facilitating risk champions in ICT related risk identification, assessment and evaluation;
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned;
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- 2–3 years external audit work experience specializing in Information Systems audit from a reputable audit firm or extensive experience in Information Systems audit within an internal audit function;
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business-related field;
- Certification/Licensure Cert Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part II) will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Personal attributes
- Good understanding of the concept of risk and risk assessment;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of CAAT’s.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience in an ERP environment.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applicants must also attach chapter six compliance documents or proof of having initiated compliance process.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday 29th January, 2020.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.