Our client, an investment Co-operative Society is seeking to recruit focused, strategic and self-driven candidates to fill the following positions.
To provide legal advice and support to the Legal function of Society and its various departments on all matters; to liaise with external legal counsel and assist the Society in all legal compliance requirements
- Draft and review contracts, tender documents and other related documents to ensure compliance with legal obligations
- Assist the Society in managing litigation filed by or against the Society
- Draft and reviews all leases, licenses, concession agreements and all other related documents to ensure that all the obligations are addressed and guarding interest of the Society.
- Carry out research on Society cases (claims, litigations, arbitrations and prepares draft responses) for review by legal counsels and advise to the Board of Directors
- Analyses debt collection and disputes claims and prepare responses for review and advise to the Board
- Ensure compliance with any court ruling(s)
- Liaison with appointed external lawyers to ensure that all the assigns given to them are executed on timely manner
- Maintains and updates records of all contracts, leases, licenses and claims
- Collect, examine evidence and other legal documents required for case preparation for review by Legal Officer
- To maintain communication with clients and witness to schedule meetings, interview and depositions
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors of laws Degree from a recognized Institution
- Diploma in legal education from Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of Supreme Court of Kenya
- Current and valid practicing certificate
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Thursday 31st 2020.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply