DEPARTMENT: Life Insurance
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Life Insurance
Assist with ensuring that the Life Insurance Council (LIC) and all the technical committees falling under the Life Insurance Council receive technical, statistical and other necessary services to enable them function efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure provisional licenses are issued within 1 week of receipt of Member Company’s request.
- Ensure the agent cards are processed and printed within two weeks of receipt of Member Company’s request.
- Follow – up to ensure receipt of complete data of the Group Life listed risks registry, Agents Life registry, Life Agents Retention and Pension Schemes data.
- Coordinate and organise AAYA event and other Life Insurance events/training programs including; following up on the invited guests, preparing various updates on event matters, following up on payments, and handling registration of guests etc
- Participate in various taskforce and working group meetings, and deal with all allocated action points arising after the meetings
- Coordinate the preparation and dispatch of various letters/circulars in the department
- Respond to e-mails and enquiries from the industry
- Dealing with complaints received and escalating when necessary.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Insurance OR Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science.
- Proficiency in computer applications including desktop publishing, financial and statistical packages.
- Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute ACII certification or postgraduate Diploma in Insurance or an equivalent professional qualification.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience.
Skills and attributes
- Technical knowledge of life insurance operations such as underwriting, claims, reinsurance, customer service, products and services;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
- Ability to write complex reports; and
- Analytical skills.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and cover letter to the address below by close of business Friday 30th August 2019 quoting current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).