Job purpose Reporting to The Managing Director the overall responsibility of leading business development and marketing activities within the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence in the market through branding and representation during events and seminars
- Provide strategic leadership to the sales and marketing team in realizing overall organization and department goals.
- Lead and work with the Account Executive to support and run sales campaigns, achieve the set targets and fully meet client needs.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to prepare proposals for partnership opportunities and own the entire process.
- Manage the process of preparing proposals, bids, tender documents and creative informative presentations and deliver to potential clients during client meetings, industry exhibitions, trade shows, and conferences.
- Prepare weekly and monthly budgets and reports on sales activities undertaken and update senior management on the same.
- Develop, oversee and maintain a proposal schedule, and work with the Marketing Manager to resolve issues with delays or other roadblocks in the proposal process.
- Undertake market research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Manage and disseminate business intelligence and positioning information obtained from networks and other work-related assignments.
- Customer Relationship Management- Manage and retain relationships with prospective, existing and new client clients.
EXPERIENCE AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Demonstrated experience in B2B strategy development.
- At least 8 years of experience in business development with at least 4 years in a management position. Experience in tech and networks industry shall be an added advantage
- Membership to a relevant body shall be an added advantage
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- Ability to manage and lead diverse teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative.
- Good time management skills, especially when facing tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Professional poise and pleasing personality.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original Sales and branding opportunities.
- Strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current/last and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 5th October, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.