Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
The Manager, Finance and Accounts will be reporting to the Director, Training and Corporate Services.
Reporting to the Director, Training and Corporate Services, the Manager shall be responsible for:-
- Cash flows including preparation, implementation and evaluation of daily, monthly and annual budgets
- Preparation of management financial statements for planning purposes (Ad-hoc reporting)
- Supervision of banking and bank reconciliation
- Formulation and implementation of Internal Control systems (ICS)
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting financial policies, data and statistics
- Direct control and co-ordinate both routine and non-routine accounting matters
- Organize and manage the Finance/Accounts unit
- Budget preparation and review; reviewing and checking monthly trial balance
- Building up consolidated monthly financial statements
- Managing assets by keeping asset register
- Ensuring financial transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Preparing annual and quarterly financial statements
- Co-coordinating the entire Finance department to ensure adherence to the laid down polices. Also liaising with banks and other outside service providers of the organization
- Responsible for Treasury investments
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of six (6) years in Finance, Accounting or Auditing or related field in a reputable organization two (2) years of which should be at a senior management position.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance & Accounting investments or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must be a holder of CPA (K)/ACCA. Possession of CIFA, CIA or any other relevant qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Full member in good standing of ICPAK.
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Investments, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of International Accounting Standards and hands on experience.
- Must demonstrate a high standard of professional competence and managerial capabilities.
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation (NPSC)
- Compliance /Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions above should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates stating their current/last remuneration (where applicable), expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours from Monday to Friday.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 20th August 2019. Applicants are also expected to provide full contact details including email addresses of three references.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD
P.O Box 33929-00600
10TH FLOOR, WESTERN HEIGHTS
KARUNA RD, WESTLANDS
OFF: +254 (O) 700 769 770,
Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.