Our client, the National Construction Authority (NCA) is a State Corporation established under the National Construction Authority Act No. 41 of 2011 with the broad mandate to oversee the construction industry and coordinate its development.
The Authority is seeking to recruit an individual with a high degree of integrity, professional competence and administrative capabilities and strategic orientation to fill the position.
Tenure of office: Contractual terms for a period of three (3) years renewable based on performance and business requirements.
Purpose of the job
The Manager ICT will be responsible to the General Manager – Corporate Services for planning, coordination, design, implementation and control of ICT infrastructure in the Authority as well as setting direction of the department and providing leadership.
- Development and implementation of ICT strategic plans including policies, strategies and procedures;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating ICT program activities;
- Ensuring ICT goals and objectives are met;
- Facilitate approval of ICT standards for application;
- Liaising with users to ensure that information processing needs are met;
- Reviewing and evaluating feasibility studies and reports for implementation;
- Management and coordination of the unit;
- Ensuring that ICT projects are completed within the planned time and budget;
- Liaising with heads of department in the Authority in developing and implementing change management initiatives; and
- Supervise, guide and develop staff in the ICT department.
Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Masters degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology Business Administration from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Seven (7) years work experience in the public or private sector, three (3) of which must have been in a senior position in ICT in an organisation of similar capacity, complexity and with a national mandate;
- Certification in project management;
- Certificate in strategic leadership course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated high management capability and competence in computerized information systems;
- Have good understanding of governance structures, government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning and Vision 2030, human resource management, thorough public finance management: budgeting, procurement and asset disposal legal and NCA legal and operating requirements, further supported by relevant trainings and certificates where applicable;
- Must have a good track record of successful change management; and
- Be of highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship.
The following core competencies and skills are required:
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Firm, fair and transparent style of management;
- Ability to espouse and promote the national values and principles of governance;
- Be a visionary and results oriented leader;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from Director of Public Prosecution.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet criteria for any of the above positions, you may submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae in PDF among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, your application addressed to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD, WESTERN HEIGHTS, 10TH FLOOR must be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.
National Construction Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.