Our client, Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading Regional and International Reinsurer with subsidiaries in Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda and Zambia. It is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). It is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 Certified and is rated B by A.M Best and AA+ by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR). Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the position of the Managing Director.
The holder of this position is the Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer charged with overall leadership and management of the Corporation, subsidiaries and global markets. The duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Corporation;
- Provide leadership to senior management and staff;
- Prepare annual budgets and establish proper internal controls;
- Be responsible for the execution and communication of the Board’s
- strategies, decisions and policies;
- Develop and recommend to the Board annual business plans for the Corporation;
- Ensure that the Corporation has a robust and effective organization structure including succession plans;
- Serve as the link between the Board and the Management;
- Be responsible for the achievement of the objectives of the Corporation;
- Put in place effective administrative structures, processes and systems;
- Provide regular, thorough, and prompt communication to the Board on key technical, financial and administrative matters;
- Be responsible for stakeholder management and enhancement of corporate image;
- Cultivate sound and working relationships with Government agencies, local and international business partners and stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements;
- Efficient management of all Kenya Re’s assets to enhance shareholder’s value;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and sound corporate governance;
- Provide proactive public relations that enhances corporate image;
- Responsible for the financial performance of the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
Applicants should fulfill the following conditions: –
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Insurance Business Administration or any other relevant degree from a recognized university;
- Must have a Post graduate qualification (MBA) in Finance, Insurance, Business Administration or other relevant postgraduate qualification from a recognized university;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience at senior management level in a large organization, preferably Reinsurance, Insurance or Financial Institutions;
- Must have a professional qualification in Insurance, Accounting or Banking or other relevant professions; and
- Must be a member of a professional body in good standing.
Required Skills and Competencies
- A track record of exemplary performance leadership, effective planning and project management skills;
- Experience in implementation of institutional strengthening projects (ISPs), improving organizational efficiency and effectiveness with attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure, applying emotional intelligence, while exercising team leadership and effective decision-making skills;
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural environment with a deep knowledge and understanding of Pan-African markets will be an added advantage;
- Strategic thinker, excellent oral and written communication, strong presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of insurance, investment, trade, treasury and other cross functional products.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the 2010 Constitution specifically:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (TCC);
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply:
Applicants should post or email as an attachment, their current CV and cover letter quoting the Job Ref No.to: –
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P.O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 20th December 2022 at 11.59 p.m. E.A.T
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, religion, natural origin, age or disability. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.