Our client, a State Corporation in General Economics and Commercial Affairs(GECA) is seeking to recruit a competent and passionate professional to fill the position of Managing Director who will be the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority reporting to the Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Managing Director shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority responsible for:
- The overall day to day management of the Authority, overall leadership and implementation of the Authority’s vision, mission and strategic Goals.
- Providing strategic transformative leadership in the execution of the Authority’s mandate.
- Facilitating the operations of the Board of Directors and be a link between the Board and staff.
- Maintaining Linkage and ensuring cordial working relations with the Parent Ministry.
- Reporting to the parent Ministry on the progress of the Authority’s programs and projects.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Board’s decisions.
- Provision of strategic leadership and guidelines for the management and utilization of Authority’s Resources
- Ensuring that the use of the Authority’s resources is lawful, authorized, effective, economical and transparent.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information systems, plans and management systems.
- Mobilizing resources for the Authority’s projects and programs.
- Promoting national interests and compliance in relation to international conventions and principles.
- Implementation of corporate policies and strategies to ensure that the corporate vision and mission is realized.
- Overseeing effective management of human capital for optimal productivity.
- Acting as the principal spokesperson of the Authority by ensuring its policies, vision, mission and services are positively understood by all stakeholders.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of suitable performance management metrics and reporting structures to achieve set performance targets.
- Ensuring all business systems, processes and operations are efficient, effective and comply with applicable statutory provisions.
- Managing the overall corporate risk while facilitating improvement in each functional area, to balance budgets and resource mix in order to provide the best return on investment in line with organizational growth.
- Growing and efficiently managing the Authority’s assets and resources for sustainable growth and long-term viability
Qualifications and Work Experience
In order to be considered the applicant must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen in possession of a National ID
- Have a first degree in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Public Administration, Business Management, Strategic Management, Project Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Management or its equivalent.
- Master’s degree in any of the above or related field will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Must be a member of a professional body in good standing
- Have at least Ten (10) years knowledge and experience in the relevant field, seven (7) of which must have been in a senior management position within a large reputable organization in the private or public sector.
- Experience in management of Public and Donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Must be Compliant with the provisions of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by attaching copies of the following documents;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Certificate of clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance certificate from Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Key Skills and Competencies
- Must demonstrate an understanding of Government priorities & Mwongozo code of Governance for State Corporations.
- Should have a proven capability to manage risks and operate within a complex socio-economic environment.
- Should have a distinguished track record in his/her respective field, be able to motivate staff, resilient and able to put the Authority on a sound financial footing, largely independent of Government support.
- Should demonstrate Knowledge and experience in resource mobilization.
- Should be able to recognize policy trade-offs resulting from sustainable management and public good elements of Regional Development as well as initiate and manage change.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their applications with an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of testimonials and cover letter stating the current/last remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the application is on or before Wednesday, 28th July 2021
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.