Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct reports: Marketing Executive, Customer Care Executive and marketing interns.
Our client, Kenya Network Information Centre (KeNIC) is charged with the management and administration of the .KE domain, Kenya’s Country Code Top Level Domain. KeNIC’s mandate is to provide corporates, businesses and individuals with the opportunity to have an online presence, professional email addresses and websites on the.KE platform..
Job Purpose: Providing strategic direction and thought leadership in the development of marketing strategies to meet our objectives. Planning and coordinating marketing initiatives; creating brand awareness and positioning the dot Ke brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and update KeNIC’s marketing and communication strategy.
- Coordinate with relevant department heads to develop annual marketing plans in line with the overall company strategies.
- Prepare and manage the marketing department’s budget.
- Coordinate marketing events and campaigns by building and maintaining a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to ensure objectives are measurable, clear, targets are met, and ROI is analysed.
- Increase brand awareness and market share.
- Identify collaborative opportunities to promote the KeNIC brand, increase brand visibility and engagement in major industry related events.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of our brand is adhered to from a visual/corporate identity perspective, personality, tonality, content, partnerships and not limited to.
- Champion customer service and promote positive relationships with our customers, suppliers, stakeholders, partners and sponsors.
- Marketing and customer care team leader.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Digital and writing qualifications will be an advantage.
- At least 10+ years’ experience with 5 being in a managerial position.
- Member of a marketing professional body.
- Hands-on experience with web analytics tools and proficiency in electronic marketing automation software.
- Digital, writing and content creation skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to turn creative ideas into effective advertising strategies and projects.
- Awareness of the commercial trends and developments within the industry and online marketing.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Thursday 19th January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.