Our client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
To facilitate registration of student and ordinary members, Associate members and grant of practicing certificates to ensure that only qualified and eligible members are admitted in to the membership
The Registration Officer shall report to the Director, Registration and Licensing and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and vet of applicants for students, ordinary, FAQ, Associates, Registration and Practicing certificates
- Confirmation to KASNEB to ascertain the eligibility of applicants.
- Respond to enquiries on registration, licenses and practice certificates
- Make recommendations to the Registration and Quality Assurance committee on admission of members, grant of licenses and practice certificates to be registered.
- Ensure completion of registration process and issuance of certificates to members, grant of licenses and practice certificates
- Make recommendation to the Quality Assurance Department to undertake background checks on the suitability of the applicant’s practical experience and on grant of practice certificates.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related fields.
- Professional qualifications: CPA or ACCA or Accounting qualifications recognized internationally
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing
- 4 years practical working experience
- Relevant postgraduate diploma or Masters certificate is an added advantage
- Computer knowledge and certification on various programs and packages
The following key attributes will be required for the position;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data.
- Good time-management skills.
- Maintain composure during hectic times while being focus on deliverables
- Experience in Schedule management
- Excellent Analytical mind
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Successful Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 22nd July 2022.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.