Our client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 by the Accountants Act, CAP 531. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking for dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team meant to make it a world class Professional Accountancy Organization.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk, the ideal candidate will identify areas of internal control weaknesses and areas of non-compliance within the Institute and provide sound and practical recommendations to management. He/she will communicate significant audit findings through periodic audit reports to management and arrange for audit exit meetings. Ensure that risk management culture in instilled within the institute. Facilitate the work of risk champions in risk identification and assessment. Prepare periodic risk management reports to the Institute’s Risk Management Committee (RMC) for consideration. Ensure there is in place a robust risk management system in the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assurance to management that internal controls are working effectively
- Plans and conducts internal audits of various functions within the Institute including operational and financial audits;
- Conducts audit entry meeting with heads of specific units / departments being audited;
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives;
- Document audit work and findings in accordance with accepted auditing standards;
- Check the Institute’s compliance with various legislations, agreements, MoU’s etc
- Facilitate the effective implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management policy framework in the Institute;
- International Accounting Standards
- International Standards on Auditing
- Ability to plan for an audit assignment
- Able to develop audit working papers
- Deep understanding of fraud risk assessment
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management
- Procurement regulations, procurement act and laws
- Audit standards
- Performance review methods and techniques
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience in an ERP environment
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- 5 years working experience and 4 years in Internal Audit field (relevant experience)
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Degree and post graduate diploma or certification
- Professional qualifications: CPA or ACCA qualifications
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday 25th September, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.