Our client is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa’s largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. Liquid Telecom also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond.
Reporting to the EAR Head of Customer Solutions Management & Architecture, the Pricing Analyst will provide be responsible for tracking marketplace metrics and trends, as well as establishing, maintaining and analyzing price reference documentation in order to uncover key market and pricing insights, such as how pricing strategy will affect the customer, and how it relates to the company’s goals, the analytics that measure product profitability and support the development of pricing strategies and plans. Pricing Analysts is responsible for pricing recommendations-based analysis and present them to other business for sign off.
- Prepare Clearly BAFA (Best and Final Offers) for all products considering cost, product stage and market
- Develop, Monitor, quarterly publish/update price books and price history database and validate sales orders for accuracy and profitability
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
- Monthly reviews with Commercial Management to cover issues, dependencies, strategy, process and performance related to pricing.
- Support in providing inputs and productions of weekly and monthly pricing reporting packs.
- Review and analyze win/loss report and liaising with sales develop a database to derive commercial market trends and competitor intelligence.
- Carry out price analyses, analyze demand data and competitor and market trends in order to develop price book aligned with operating market environment.
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies and lead in pricing negotiations of customers’ proposals.
- Provide pricing analysis for management, have an ability to carry out presentations, work with spreadsheets and run/participate in meetings.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives
- Perform partnering with buyers, product managers and sales department to ensure integrated profit maximizing approach to market.
- Develop a system of communication, documentation and review of internal and external comparative pricing data
- Manage total pricing procedure, enhance processes to make most of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market conditions
- Analyse financial impact of price approach in view of overall history as well as profitability of customer
- Define new business procedures, evaluate resource requirements and stimulate implementation or maintenance of pricing system
- Regularly provide the Customer analysis to identify customer tail and make recommendations for the correction of business. Calculate and track all exposures, analyse the impact and recommend courses of action to minimise/eliminate negative impact and maximise positive results.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- University degree in any of the following disciplines; Management Science, Commerce, Computer Science or Computer Technology
- Related Product, Data Analysis or Financial certification
- At least 3 years’ work experience in pricing, product management, business analysis
- At least 2 years’ experience in B2B and B2C in ICT/Telecommunication industry
- Experience with excel, power point, power BI, scripting and any other analytical tools
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong knowledge about the Telecommunication industry including competitors and
- market trends
- Deep knowledge of taxation and transfer pricing
- Keen eye for identifying opportunity and strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good negotiations and problemsolving skills
- Effective reporting and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive team player
- Able to sit in front of a computer screen for long hours every day
- Experience in working in high pressure environment
- Ability to scrutinize RFPs/RFQ and be aware of changes in the market as well as complete and analyze tender documents specifically bid bonds, pricing schedule and form of tender.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships, and close integration
- Competence in using excel, Power BI, and other MS Office applications
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their CV to email@example.com on or before March 6th 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.