Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
The Principal Officer, Accounting Standards will be reporting to the Manager, Accounting Standards.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Standards, the Principal Officer Accounting Standards shall be responsible for: –
- Implementation of Accounting Standards within the public sector entities in Kenya
- Facilitate compliance with adopted Accounting Standards
- Documenting the results of Accounting Standards and lessons learnt
- Carrying out research that promote the activities of the organization
- Ensuring that accounting standards are effectively adopted
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of four (4) years in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or related field in a reputable organization two (2) years of which should be at a management position.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must be a holder of CPA(K) / ACCA, CIFA or equivalent qualification.
- Must be a Full member in good standing of ICPAK.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of International Accounting Standards and hands on experience in their application.
- Must demonstrate a high standard of professional competence.
- Must have experience in organizing, designing, implementing training and capacity building programs in international accounting standards, ie IPSAS and IFRS.
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation (NPSC)
- Compliance /Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions above should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates stating their current/last remuneration (where applicable), expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours from Monday to Friday.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 20th August 2019. Applicants are also expected to provide full contact details including email addresses of three references.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD
P.O Box 33929-00600
10TH FLOOR, WESTERN HEIGHTS
KARUNA RD, WESTLANDS
OFF: +254 (O) 700 769 770,
Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.