Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
The Principal Officer, Finance and Accounts will be reporting to the Manager, Finance and Accounts.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Accounts, the Principal Officer, Finance and Accounts shall be responsible for:-
- Ensuring implementation of Finance and Accounts Policies in the organization
- Responsibility for communicating organization performance to all staff on a regular basis and explaining to them financial performance variances and possible reasons thereof
- Responsible for safeguarding all organization assets, intellectual property and reputation
- Responsible for updating the entity on the current Tax matters depending on the Government regulations as well as filing the necessary taxes
- Preparing accounts, budgets, reconciliation and filing of tax returns.
- Preparing financial statements
- Implementing internal control systems
- Reviewing and checking monthly trial balance
- Consolidating monthly financial statements
- Preparing annual and quarterly financial statements
- Ensuring adherence to the laid down Accounting Policies
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of four (4) years in Finance, Accounting or Auditing or related field in a reputable organization two (2) years of which should be at a management position.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting Auditing or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must be a holder of CPA (K) / ACCA. Possession of CIFA, CIA or other relevant qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must be a full member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body.
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and results.
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation (NPSC)
- Compliance /Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions above should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates stating their current/last remuneration (where applicable), expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours from Monday to Friday.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 20th August 2019. Applicants are also expected to provide full contact details including email addresses of three references.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD
P.O Box 33929-00600
10TH FLOOR , WESTERN HEIGHTS
KARUNA RD, WESTLANDS
OFF: +254 (O) 700 769 770,
Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.