Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
The Principal Officer, Internal Audit Standards will be reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit Standards.
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit Standards, the Principal, Internal Audit Standards Officer shall be responsible for: –
- Overseeing development, implementation, evaluating audit policy
- Documenting the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and Institute of internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Assessing compliance to internal audit framework and policies
- Monitoring and training audit trainees on various areas like bookkeeping, Bank, Debtors and Creditors reconciliations and extraction of the trial
- Responsible for audit report and financial statements generation and presentation to the management
- Advising, Installation and training of suggested internal control system
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of four (4) years in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or related field in a reputable organization two (2) years of which should be at a management position.
- Must be a holder of Bachelor degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting/Auditing option), Economies or its equivalent qualification form recognized institution
- Must be a holder of CIA, CPA (K) or equivalent recognized qualification
- Possession of a certificate in Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Must be a registered member in good standing with Institute of Internal Auditors (Kenya)
- Must have a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Must demonstrate administrative and professional competence in auditing work, performance and results and application of International Internal Audit Standards.
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation (NPSC)
- Compliance /Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions above should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates stating their current/last remuneration (where applicable), expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours from Monday to Friday.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 20th August 2019. Applicants are also expected to provide full contact details including email addresses of three references.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LTD
P.O Box 33929-00600
10TH FLOOR, WESTERN HEIGHTS
KARUNA RD, WESTLANDS
OFF: +254 (O) 700 769 770,
Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.