Reporting to: The Board and CEO
Terms: One-year contract renewable based on performance.
Our client, a registered charity in UK and Kenya that derives its inspiration and values from the Christian faith working and supporting individuals regardless of their beliefs or background.
Working through community-based approach to achieve a holistic solution in poverty eradication around communities in western Kenya, the organization is seeking to hire a competent project manager to drive its initiatives.
Job Purpose: The project manager will be responsible for the leadership and management of the organization to ensure that all departments run effectively with strong partnership working with other organizations and government. The successful candidate shall be accountable to the CEO and Kenyan Board for systems, structures, processes, and people to enable the charity to achieve its mission and to deliver effectively its five-year strategy
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the organizations’ team, developing and empowering them to take initiative, be innovative and creative in finding new and better ways of working and meeting agreed objectives.
- Assessing the financial requirements for payroll, preparing an annual and monthly budgets for all projects, volunteer visits etc, including ensuring the collection of school fees and income from other revenue streams.
- Foster effective partner relationship with government and other organizations and agencies to develop the role of the organization.
- Advise Kenyan and UK boards on strategy for identifying appropriate partners, building relationships with them and developing the charity
- Upholding and effectively communicating the vision, mission and values of the organization in Kenya to the community and partner agencies, ensuring a visible profile pf the charity across the region.
- Effective management, motivations and development of all staff and department heads, all supporting staff and guardians, including taking prompt action where performance is falling below standard
- Ensuring timely, accurate clear reports, including financial reports, are prepared and submitted/ presented to the Kenyan Board of Trustees and the UK office as required
- Detailed planning of itineraries and schedule ensuring the successful outcome of overseas visitor and volunteer programmes
- Ensuring premises and grounds are kept to a high standard, are clean and tidy and properly maintained.
- Ensuring excellent and effective links with national and international NGOs and other agencies are established and maintained
- Responsible for successful setting up and running of apprenticeship programmes and keeping them under review for older students
- Responsible for supervising the success of sustainable income generating projects, supported by appropriate project plans and costings, and reviewing/reporting on their effectiveness
- Responsible for the effective management of the medical center team and processes to make sure it’s working effectively meeting government and NHIF health and insurance guidelines and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies; Social Sciences, Marketing, Business Management or related field from a recognized University.
- Possession of Master’s Degree and/or additional training’s will be an added
- At least 5 years’ experience in programming for Civil Society Organizations/NGOs.
- Demonstrable coordination skills and understanding of non-governmental project management cycle
- Proven experience in developing Strategic plans and Board papers
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships and networks that are of value to organization initiatives
- Proven ability to work and deliver within strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven self-drive and ability to play a leadership role within an organization
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and cover letter to the address below by close of business Friday 15th January 2021 quoting current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.