RETAIL SALES MANAGER
Our client is one of the leading companies in manufacturing and retail business with over 150 stores spread across Kenya.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the main duties of the Retail Sales Manager will be to drive sales growth, budget and expense control, merchandise management, development of retail strategies, plan execution, departmental control and managing EBIT maximization.
- Achieve estimate or better in pairs & turnover each reporting period
- Improve customer service and harmonious relations across all levels.
- Plan out promotional events to maximize sales during appropriate periods of the season
- Market & understand competitors feedback up new products, marketing policies and events which will have impact on the retail business
- Co-ordinate with all other departments to achieve sales targets.
- Retail stores expansion, identify and open new stores to maximize sales and improve on market share.
- Increase sales through well managed Franchise chain and recruit new credit-worthy Franchise.
- Operate within the budget allocated for markdowns in each financial period, reduce variable expenses on each accounting period.
- Work with other departments to create new strategies and tactics to reduce fixed expenses
- Identify low turnover stores and cash drain stores; convert them to Franchise or close down
- Achieve estimates or better in each accounting period
- Control estimated markdowns to written allocation each accounting period.
- Prepare weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, seasonally, and current reports as required accurately and on-time for all levels
- Ensure 100% correct execution of pre-approved plans to cause the increase in Turnover
- Communicate execution tactics to all parties concerned in a clear concise manner.
- Co-ordinate execution of all plans with Retail operations, Advertising Merchandising and others as required
- Effect controls on stock distribution to maximise sell throughs and reduce markdowns
- Promote factory product as the first choice to customers
- Isolate superstore products to ensure controlled distribution and to maximize speed of sales and returns
- Concentrate all Retail Personnel on FIFO to reduce aged merchandise levels each year
- Ensure all sizes available at all times in all stores to achieve minimal walk-outs
- Recommend actions on promotions on all over stocked or slow-moving items
- Training & Development, Ongoing rotation of Bata 5-Step Program to ensure customer service and district manager training program to enhance D.M. productivity
- Prepare annual plans for the retail group each year
- Relevant Degree in Sales and Marketing, Social Sciences/related fields or Relevant Postgraduate Diploma.
- Membership to relevant professional bodies; Chartered Institute of Marketing(CIM) or Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in retail industry with 5 years in specialty business model in retail spectrum
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit their applications with an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter stating the current/last remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the application is on or before Thursday, 26th August 2021