Client: Sacco to a membership organization
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the jobholder is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The position holder will also take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures in the Sacco.
- Review of subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations to general ledgers.
- Review bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling items are fully explained.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly and annual management reports.
- Assist in preparation of regular financial statements and accounts, such as profit and loss accounts.
- Assist in co-ordination of the internal and external audit processes at the SACCO, ensuring document availability, information provision and all the necessary support required.
- Ensuring implementation of audit recommendations within the agreed timelines.
- Ensuring all the statutory deductions has been remitted within the set deadlines.
- Updating and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Filing all statutory reports
Professional Educational Qualifications:
- A minimum of mean grade of C+ and above in KCSE or Equivalent qualification at O-levels.
- A University degree in Commerce (Accounting) or Finance Option or any other business related degree.
- CPA III (K) or its equivalent and a member of ICPAK.
- At least 5 years of experience in a busy accounting office preferably in a Regulated financial institution.
- Proficiency in computerized Accounting systems preferably Microsoft Navision.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with track record of meeting strict reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter quoting current/last and expected Salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business Wednesday 21st July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).