Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
The Senior Driver will be reporting to the Manager, Human Resource and Administration
Reporting to Manager, Human Resources and Administration the Senior Driver shall be responsible with:-
- Driving vehicles as authorized and detecting common mechanical faults carrying out routine checks on vehicles, cooling and oil systems, electrical and brake systems and tyre pressure, reporting minor malfunctioning
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned, overseeing safety of the vehicle on and off the road
- Maintaining cleanliness of the assigned vehicle; and ensuring adherence to and/or observations of traffic laws
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Must have served in the grade of driver I or equivalent for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Must have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education of at least mean grade D (plain) or its approved equivalent qualifications
- Must have a current driving license free from current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the candidate is required to drive
- Must have attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution
- Must have passed Occupational Trade test II for Drivers
- Must be in possession of a Defensive Driving Certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Having attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one week from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must be in possession of a valid certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service
- Must have good interpersonal and communications skills
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigation (NPSC)
- Compliance /Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions above should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates stating their current/last remuneration (where applicable), expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours from Monday to Friday.
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 20th August 2019. Applicants are also expected to provide full contact details including email addresses of three references. Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
EAGLE HR CONSULTANTS LT
P.O Box 33929-00600
10TH FLOOR WESTERN HEIGHTS
KARUNA RD, WESTLANDS
OFF: +254 (O) 700 769 770,
Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.