Our client, a dynamic, company whose expertise lies in managing the construction process for renovating or building new facilities from the Irrigation Projects, Roads Construction, General Construction, Water Projects, Sewerage Systems Project and construction management and General Civil works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of Procurement team and storekeepers
- Ensures team has proper PPEs for handling special materials
- Provide and analyze the transport and logistics costs and reporting to management and other key stakeholders with required frequency
- Interface and collaborate with suppliers, stores operations, and production to deliver solutions and provide superior materials and service
- Work with the fleet team on continuous improvement or corrective action to meet or exceed service and cost metrics, goals, objectives
- Determine and manage the balance between cost, capacity utilization, storage and deliveries
- Maintain expertise and knowledge with Company Supply Chain and Logistics
- Drive supply chain efficiencies that can be integrated across the organizations’ various projects
- In charge of inventory management, demand planning, receiving of incoming stocks and controlling outgoing stock., quality control, and containerized shipment processes (if any)
- Establish and manage procurement policies and processes to ensure that all the company needs are met with the highest quality standards, transparency, readiness and cost
- Customer Service: Establish workflows, processes and internal standards compliance on reporting, servicing, and tracking
- Support distribution to facilitate needs per site, create a system of material sharing within sites and reduce wastage or unnecessary requisitions
- Monitoring and Evaluation of machine usage, hired vehicles, procurement and distribution processes
- Liaise with Finance Department on issues related to procurement, cost control and custom
- Liaise with suppliers to create a strong working
- Establish lines of credit from suppliers
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all items to site/store on time.
- Ensure that all stocks are arranged in a systematic order and are easily accessible & cleanliness is maintained at all
- Carry out stocktaking on a regular basis and reconcile physical
- Manage import /export custom documentation
- Ensure forward planning and preparation to ensure the materials delivery and stock requisition happen on schedule.
- Planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Execution – makes sure initiatives and tasks are carried out; monitors results and makes adjustments as needed
- Facilitates change – Tries to minimize complexities, contradictions, and paradoxes or reduce their impact; clarifies direction and smooth the process of change
- Passion for results – works tenaciously to overcome obstacles and to meet or exceed goals
- Business acumen – understands the nature and inter-dependencies of business functions and supporting processes (People, finance, operations, )
- Planning and organization – recognizes problems, takes corrective/preventive action and keeps people informed of plans, progress, and decisions
- Decision making – organizes information and data to identify/explain major trends, problems, and causes; compares and combines information to identify underlying issues
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Supply chain
- Must be a Member to a relevant professional body- CIPS/KISM.
- Must have recognized professional qualification – CIPS/CPSP.
- Must have 5 years’ experience in Logistic and Stores Management
- Knowledge and experience of working within a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Familiarity with Construction Industry is a huge added advantage
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Attention to detail, organizational and multitasking skills are essential
- Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a
- Ability to train and evaluate staff in the
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and cover letter to the address below by close of business Monday 12th August 2019 quoting current and expected salary to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s).