Our Client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Reporting functionally to the Institute’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this role is responsible for assisting the CEO in executing his responsibilities in an efficient manner. The job holder will assist the CEO by developing necessary technical briefs and summaries, following up on requisite documentation to facilitate timely and effective decision making. This will include preparing technical briefs that enable insightful reviews and providing administrative support for day-to-day functioning.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing technical documents and briefs on emerging issues or areas of concern, at the CEO’s request. Consolidating the relevant documentation and capturing summaries to enable subsequent review and dissemination.
- Preparing all technical documentation related to the CEO’s activities.
- Consolidating technical reviews and opinion from internal stakeholders on emerging issues, reviewing the content, and presenting to the CEO for his views and/or directives.
- Following up on documentation required from internal as well as external stakeholders to enable overviews of issue and have technical or communication response aimed at addressing the areas based on well researched input.
- Reviewing all documentation and correspondence to ensure that the content is technically accurate, conduct quality checks on the language and ensure that the recipients are addressed correctly.
- Preparing a structured program for the Institute’s engagements/activities covering all the required technical aspects of the mission
- Provide a wide level of support that will allow the CEO to function more efficiently and effectively towards the achievement of the objectives of the company.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
For appointment as the Executive Assistant, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Post graduate Degree in Finance or related discipline;
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Audit or Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- Membership in relevant professional bodies in good standing will be highly recommended;
- Must be in possession of a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Audit, Business Administration, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including MS Office and database systems.
- Working knowledge of email systems, computer hardware, and peripherals.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Director- Internal Audit;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience in a business-related role is required
- Ability to work under strict supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data.
- Good time-management skills.
- Maintain composure during hectic times while being focus on deliverables.
- Experience in Schedule management and researching.
- Excellent Analytical mind.
- Strong data collection and analysis skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Successful Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on successful recruitment which will include:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 22nd July 2022
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.